Monday 17 September 2007

Amazon lied.

It's more like 10 hours 50 mins, not including fag and tea breaks.

But I did it anyway.

I have to say that the extended versions are on the whole a shit load better than the original cuts - Return Of The King really pushes the limits of sanity at a staggering 4 hours and 9 mins though, too far? Perhaps.

Lots of the trilogy which never made much sense to me (having long ago forgotten the book) now actually fits into the storyline in my head though. For example, Samwise was actually tempted by the ring (the precious, not Frodo's... eww. There was never any doubt in my mind about the gayness of the hobbits), Golum was going to going to try and kill the "hobbit'z" from the last few mins of The Two Towers onwards, Saruman was killed and didn't just, as I had presumed, sulk in his tower for the entire Return Of The King. Shit like that.

All in all, don't bother with the original cuts and just watch the extended versions. They make sense. I might be the last person on Earth to come to that conclusion. I digress.

Now I suppose I had better at least pretend to do some work...

No comments:

This link kills spam, your mum spammers, your mum.

Or Click For More Articles...